Please browse through the comprehensive list of FAQ's below to find answers to
the most common questions asked by thousands of previous Swapbooks.com members.
- How do I become a member?
- Can I become a campus representative and make money?
- How do I sell my books?
- How do I buy books?
- When and how do I receive the book(s) I buy?
- Is my personal information secure?
- Can I return any of the items I have bought?
- What if you don't have the used book(s) I want?
- Do I need a credit card to place an order on Swapbooks.com?
- Can I pay by check?
- How can I find books being sold by other students at my school?
- Can I advertise on your site?
- Can I buy or sell items other than books on Swapbooks.com?
- How can I track my order to know if it was delivered?
- How should I price the books I sell so that the prices are fair and they have a good chance of being bought?
- Will sellers have access to my credit card information?
- How can I cancel it?
- I've forgotten my password, what do I do?
- What's your return policy?
- What happens if something is priced wrong?
- How much commission does Swapbooks charge?
- My order was declined/cancelled but I still see a charge on my credit
card statement. Why?
- Your site says its free to sign-up, but I signed up and now I see a
charge for $1.00 on my credit card statement. Why?
1. How do I become a member?
It is free and easy to become a Swapbooks.com member. Just click on the Sign Up
button and fill out the short form. Make sure you include a valid email address
as all crucial communications will be sent to that address.
2. Can I become a campus representative and make money?
Yes. To become a Swapbooks.com campus representative, or learn more about the
benefits of becoming one, please visit our Campus Reps page.
3. How do I sell my books?
Click on "How to Sell" on the left and follow the
detailed instructions. When and how do I get paid?
- When your book is sold, you will receive a confirmation email from us.
- You must first confirm
that you still wish to sell the book by following the instructions included in
the confirmation email.
- After confirming, you will have 24 hours to go to a
US Postal Office and ship the book. You must purchase Delivery Confirmationä
when shipping the book.
- In order to get paid, you must then log back into
your Swapbooks.com account and enter the Delivery Confirmationä /tracking
- Swapbooks.com cannot issue payment unless you do all of the above
even if you have shipped the book.
- Upon doing the above, Swapbooks will mail
you a check. You will have 60 days to deposit the check. After 60 days, the
check will become void.
4. How do I buy books?
Click on "How to Buy" on the left and follow the detailed instructions.
5. When and how do I receive the book(s) I buy?
You will receive all of the items you buy on Swapbooks.com through the US
Postal Service as media mail. You can track the status of your order at any
time by clicking on Track Order.
6. Is my personal information secure?
Yes. All of your personal information is securely encrypted during transmission, and stored
in our private database which is not shared with any 3rd parties.
7. Can I return any of the items I have bought?
No. All sales are final. Once a sale has been
confirmed it cannot be returned or refunded.
8. What if you don't have the used book(s) I want?
You can do two things:
- Add the book you want to your wishlist, and we'll automtatically inform you when the book becomes available.
- You can also find a link to the new version of the book at Amazon.com, our preferred new book vendor.
9. Do I need a credit card to place an order on
Yes, you will need a credit card to complete your purchase. For
your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
10. Can I pay by check?
11. How can I find books being sold by other students at my school?
Go to the Advanced Search page. A link to this page can be found at the top
right of the page, within the search function.
12. Can I advertise on your site?
Yes. Use the Contact Us form to inquire about our latest prices.
13. Can I buy or sell items other than books on Swapbooks.com?
No. Only books can be bought and sold on Swapbooks.com.
14. How can I track my order to know if it was delivered?
You can use the "Track Order" link on the menu found on the left side to track
your order vie the USPS.
15. How should I price the books I sell so that the prices
are fair and they have a good chance of being bought?
When posting a book for
sale, consider the recommended price found on the right side of the page.
16. Will sellers have access to my credit card information?
NO. Your credit card
information is secure and is not provided to the Seller under any
circumstances. For shipping purposes, the Seller will only have access to your
name and address. I accepted an order to sell my book(s), but I already sold
17. How can I cancel it?
Once you confirm a sale, it cannot be
cancelled online. Please use the Contact Us form to send us your information,
including the order number and your username. We will attempt to cancel the
order and refund the buyer.
18. I've forgotten my password, what do I do?
Please use the "Forgot Your Password?" link found at the bottom of the Login page
(make a link to Home/Login.asp). You will need the email address you registered
with to have your password sent to you. If you are unable to remember the email
address you used when signing up, please use the Contact Us form and we'll try
to help you out.
19. What's your return policy?
Swapbooks.com does NOT have a
return policy because we never come in possession of any of the books being
bought or sold through our site.
20. What happens if something is priced wrong?
Swapbooks.com is NOT responsible or liable for incorrect prices. Incorrect
prices for items are the responsibility of the individuals who post them on our
21. How much commission does Swapbooks charge?
Swapbooks does NOT charge any fees to post books for sale. Once a book is sold on the site, Swapbooks charges a 15% commission on the sales price, and a fixed $1.37 per transaction. The exact amount to be charged is clearly displayed to sellers during the selling process on the website.
22. My order was declined/cancelled but I still see a charge on my credit
card statement. Why?
When you submit an order, we authorize your credit card for the price
of the book(s). This is only an authorization. In other words, we "reserve"
the amount from your credit limit on your card for the future without
charging it. We do not charge your card until AFTER the seller enters a
shipping confirmation number into the system, assuring that your book has
been sent and you can track it. In the case that your order is cancelled,
the authorization is simply reversed by your credit card company within a
23. Your site says its free to sign-up, but I signed up and now I see a
charge for $1.00 on my credit card statement. Why?
When you sign-up Swapbooks runs an address verification on your credit
card by running a $1.00 "AUTHORIZATION" to your card. This money never
leaves your account, and we don't charge this fee. This authorization is
temporary and is automatically cleared by your credit card company within a